Artificial Intelligence Project Manager
imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer.
University of Antwerp – imec IDLab Research group
The Internet & Data Lab (IDLab) is an imec research group at the University of Antwerp and Ghent University. IDLab focuses its research on internet technologies and data science. IDLab is a joint research initiative between Ghent University and the University of Antwerp. Bringing together 300 internet experts, we develop technologies outperforming current solutions for communication subsystems, high speed and low power networking, distributed computing and multimedia processing, machine learning, artificial intelligence and web semantics. Within Antwerp, the overall IDLab research areas are machine learning and wireless networking. IDLab has a unique research infrastructure used in numerous national and international collaborations.
IDLab collaborates with many universities and research centres worldwide and jointly develops advanced technologies with industry (R&D centers from international companies, Flanders’ top innovating large companies and SME’s, as well as numerous ambitious startups).
For further development of the IDLab machine learning cluster, we are looking for an AI project manager.
- You will be responsible for the management of one or more projects in the domain of machine learning with a strong focus on domains such as smart cities, industry 4.0, logistics & mobility.
- You are able to translate the technical requirements of partners to technical challenges, and – together with researchers – define clear methodologies for addressing them.
- You follow up on progress within the project and are able to communicate the work done to customers and adapt where needed.
- You lead a technical team going forward in implementing a research project.
- You have an affinity with research driven projects.
- You develop project proposals for the European Horizon 2020 Program and national projects, both in fundamental and collaborative programs.
- You interface and collaborate on a technical level with research partners from industry and academia.
- You will participate in the framework of European and national research projects (in collaboration with industry).
Hanne Everts – email@example.com
- You have a Masters of Science degree, preferably in Engineering, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering, or equivalent. Having a PhD degree is an advantage but not a must.
- You have hands-on experience with machine learning projects.
- You consider yourself a machine learning expert. When someone asks: “Tensorflow or Pytorch?”, you feel the urge to jump into the discussion.
- You are able to explain the challenges of machine learning to a broad non-technical audience but also enjoy going real techy.
- Having experience with managing and supervising team members is an advantage.
- Having experience with participating in national and/or international research projects is an advantage.
- Having experience with application domains such as smart cities, industry 4.0, logistics & mobility is an advantage.
- You are a team player and have strong communication skills.
- Your English is fluent, both speaking and writing.